- The Tarrasque, since its imprisonment, has only been growing larger and stronger. The Binder-Lords and Blood Merchants see this as a positive development allowing them to increase their harvest, but keep word of this suppressed lest it panic the populace.
- Eating a diet too high in Tarrasque meat, drinking ‘red water’ (water tainted by the Tarrasque’s viscera), and other utilizations of Tarrasque harvest leads to side effects: some slow, some fast, some beneficial, and some not. This is general knowledge, though not commonly discussed. The ancient alchemist Zandon Ras is employed in a long term project of experimentation to understand all the permutations of effects, supported secretly by one of the Binder-Lords who hopes to raise a red water empowered army and expand their influence outwards.
- Salt in Wounds is riddled with underground tunnels (the so called Cap-Caps); some for the smuggling of byproducts outside the city’s rigid tax and legal structure, some built or expanded as part of a former (thwarted) plot to free the beast.
- Tarrasque ambergris is one of the most valuable substance known to man, virtually unknown but used by the wealthiest as an aphrodisiac and sexual attractant.
- The Three Sisters are the most powerful secret faction within the city. This coven is led by three 'sister' witches, Frin, Fuzez, & Fabier, empowered by their patron Tuska: the sentient embodiment of the bound Tarrasque’s rage & pain. Fixated on ensuring that the Tarrasque remains chained and that its suffering increases as every agony suffered empowers their patron and pushes him a little closer to his goal of true deification.
- The Circle of Release -thought by some to be eliminated- is within a stone's throw of their goal of releasing the Tarrasque.
Like this post? Click one of the share buttons below to let the world know.
This post made possible by the Salt in Wounds Patreon Supporters: Make more Salt in Wounds happen and become a Patron today.