The Salt in Wounds Campaign Setting is a kickstarter funded game world for 5th Edition and Pathfinder rulesets spanning a dozen supplements and publications. The evil mega-city is fed and powered by the endless butchery of the unkillable Tarrasque creating a bizarre, alien, but oh so believable weird fantasy. The sprawling gritty, bloody, intrigue soaked streets are the perfect place for GMs and alike Players to create adventure.
Salt in Wounds is the most imaginative role-playing game setting it’s been my privilege to play in a long time. Equal parts grotesque and delightful, what J.M. Perkins has created here is masterfully realized and intriguingly believable. I highly recommend a visit to the city of Salt in Wounds -if you have a strong stomach, a love of fantastic world building, and a taste for the bizarre. In a plethora of game settings, this one stands out.
-Lou Anders, Author of the Thrones and Bones Trilogy
You can learn about forthcoming or published books below.
The Salt in Wounds Campaign Setting Guide
Everything you need to run or explore the fabled evil mega-city built around a bound Tarrasque, who is slain and butchered everyday to feed a hungry metropolis. Containing both 5th Edition and Pathfinder rulesets, this book features:
- Descriptions of dozens of monsters and hazards including 10 unique monsters
- Pages of random encounters
- An introductory adventure
- New Fiction
- Dozens of locations and NPCs,
- and much much more.
Carving up the Tarrasque
Carving up the Tarrasque: Crafting & Alchemy Supplement by Jesse Brake and J.M. Perkins you’ll find a new aspect of the legendary monster to threaten or empower PCs: via crafting wonderous goods from its magical flesh! While designed specifically for the Salt in Wounds Campaign Setting, this supplement adds options for any game where the Tarrasque has bled or some equivalent taint mars the land. This booklet includes:
- Aetherist Monk class customization, who uses internal processes to transform and conquer
- 4 New Poisons.
- New Special Crafting Material.
- Information about the Church of Monad.
- Dozens of new alchemical goods.
- New wondrous items.
- New fiction.
Corruption of the Tarrasque
This supplement presents new aspects of the legendary monster to threaten or empower PCs: via the corrupting influence of its mutagenic blood! While designed specifically for the Salt in Wounds Campaign Setting, this supplement adds options for any game where the Tarrasque has bled or some equivalent taint mars the land. This booklet includes:
- Rules on Tarrasque-Fed Mutations.
- Brand new fiction.
- Alchemical Services to induce or remove mutations.
- 20 new Mutations for PCs and Monsters alike ranging from beneficial ‘Favored’ Mutations to debilitating (or even deadly) ‘Blighted Mutations.
- The Tarrasque-Transformed monster template which can transform even a lowly cur into a deadly miniature avatar of the Tarrasque.
- A brand new Sorcerous Origin: Primordial Bloodline which empowers sorcerers with the uncorrupted essence of the Primordials to create and transform the world and even magic itself.
This collection of essays serves as the ‘commentary track’ for the smash hit Salt in Wounds Setting and features advice, insight, and a fresh look behind the screen of a professional writer and game designer. Whether you’re a player looking for a new perspective, a GM aiming to build richer worlds, or a hobbyist game designer/writer striving to make the leap towards being a professional: there’s something in Design Notes for everyone.
Featuring Essays About the Following Topics:
- Fantasy Flavor and Getting Beyond Tolkien's Legacy
- Making Believable Fantasy Worlds
- My Writing Process (circa 2016)
- Simple Rules for Better game design
Supplements still forthcoming: Player's Guide (5th Edition & Pathfinder), Laboratory of Dr. Mundacri Adventure, Bestiary, Heartsblood Marsh Supplement, CapCaps MegaDungeon, and Salt in Wounds Adventure Path.